Understanding your rights and responsibilities under a contract is a crucial part of protecting your business interests.
When drafting or negotiating a contract, our goal is to empower the client to obtain the best result for them. We can help to maximize your negotiating power and protect your interests with respect to:
- Employment contracts
- Business formations (including ownership interests, vesting agreements, and non-competition agreements)
- Management services agreements (MSAs)
- Shareholder and stock agreements
- Stock and asset purchase or sale contracts
- Business mergers, acquisitions, and dissolutions (including divestment of interests, practice mergers, and practice closure)
- Real estate sale and leasing contracts
- Joint ventures
- Non-competition and non-solicitation contracts (also called “non-compete” and “non-solicit” agreements)
- Intellectual property contracts
- Licensing agreements
Think of us as your professional contract negotiators.
The attorneys at Jackson LLP are frequently called upon to negotiate on a client’s behalf. Few professionals are trained so thoroughly on effective negotiation strategies as attorneys, and Jackson LLP’s team of lawyers are recognized as being congenial and effective negotiators. A few examples of matters we have negotiated for healthcare clients in include:
- Negotiating a physician’s employment contract with a hospital, resulting in a higher salary, lower quota for weekly patient visits, and better benefits.
- Negotiating a new physical therapist’s employment agreement with the specific goal of limiting the scope of the employer’s noncompetition clause.
- Negotiating a commercial lease for a mid-sized rehabilitation practice, resulting in lower rent for 5 years, lower rent increases each year, higher-quality fixture installations in the space, and shorter lease commitment overall.
Want to learn more? Schedule a free consultation!