Think of us as your professional negotiators.
The attorneys at Jackson LLP are frequently called upon to negotiate on a client’s behalf. Few professionals are trained so thoroughly on effective negotiation strategies as attorneys, and Jackson LLP’s team of lawyers are recognized as being congenial and effective negotiators. A few examples of matters we have negotiated for healthcare clients in the Chicago area include:
- Negotiate a physician’s employment contract with a hospital, resulting in a higher salary, lower quota for weekly patient visits, and better benefits.
- Negotiate a new physical therapist’s employment agreement, with the specific goal of limiting the scope of the employer’s noncompetition clause.
- Negotiate a commercial lease for a mid-sized rehabilitation practice, resulting in lower rent for 5 years, lower rent increases each year, higher-quality fixture installations in the space, and shorter lease commitment overall.
Understanding your rights and responsibilities under a contract is a crucial part of protecting your business interests.
When helping a client negotiate a contract, real estate deal, or employment arrangement, our goal is to empower our client to obtain the best result for them. We can help to maximize your negotiating power and protect your interests.
Jackson LLP’s attorneys have helped healthcare providers and businesses negotiate aspects of these business transactions:
- Business formations (including ownership interests, vesting agreements, and non-competition agreements)
- Business mergers, acquisitions, and dissolutions (including divestment of interests, practice mergers, and practice closure)
- Drafting contracts (including employment contracts, real estate sale and leasing contracts, intellectual property contracts, and licensing agreements)
- Management services agreements (MSAs)
- Joint ventures
- Noncompetition and nonsolicitation contracts (also called “non-compete” and “non-solicit” agreements)
- Shareholder and stock agreements
- Stock and asset purchase or sale contracts
Want to learn more? Schedule a free consultation!