Critical access hospitals provide patients with critical care in times of dire need. In order to run their facilities effectively, those healthcare providers depend on sound legal advice to guide their HIPAA, employment, EMTALA, and nondiscrimination obligations. That advice protects not only the institutions, but individual healthcare practitioners who want to put the interests of patients first.
Jackson LLP is a law firm of dedicated healthcare attorneys serving clients in Illinois and Wisconsin. With a targeted focus on the medical profession, Jackson LLP is able to provide comprehensive service for all aspects of healthcare practice — including physicians, hospitals, and independent practices.
Serving critical access hospitals’ regulatory and legal needs.
As partners with Illinois critical access hospitals, Jackson LLP offers advice on corporate compliance and regulatory matters specific to their healthcare compliance requirements. In addition, Jackson LLP attorneys have the corporate counsel knowledge necessary to act as legal advisors on a wide range of topics, including litigation management and regulatory compliance.
- Healthcare employment: Employment matters in healthcare organizations are distinct from other workplaces, due to factors such as obligations to professional associations, licensure and credentialing, and unionization.
- HIPAA compliance: Strict standards govern the care and maintenance of patient information. We help health care employers comply with federal privacy legislation.
- Contracting: Contracted workers and corporate partners have a complicated legal relationship with the institution. We help navigate responsibilities and obligations of all parties.
- Payor/Medicare/Medicaid: Healt
hcare institutions often have competing demands for what is ideal patient care and what private and public insurance will fund. We assist with the insurer-institution relationship.
- Telehealth/Telemedicine: Telem
edicine is an evolving area of medicine that can maximize patient convenience, while raising new legal issues.
- EMTALA: Patient entitlement to emergency care can help doctors save lives, but may result in many tangled legal threads.
- In-house/corporate counsel services: Jackson LLP’s healthcare attorneys help with all areas of critical access hospitals’ institutional administration, including the development of corporate policies and resolution of employment disputes, as well as ongoing legal advice and guidance.
Jackson LLP values working with healthcare professionals and institutions that face a wide range of legal challenges. Through the course of long-term relationships with our clients we increase our knowledge, understanding and commitment to supporting their work in medicine.