Simplifying legal compliance for home health agencies.
Jackson LLP’s healthcare-focused practice allows its attorneys to stay apprised of the complex regulatory and legal framework impacting home health agencies. As a heavily regulated and frequently audited profession, home healthcare agencies are keenly aware of the need for a comprehensive, full-service legal team. Our goal is to look after your compliance and legal needs so you can focus on running your business and serving your patients.
Our attorneys help home health agencies with the following:
- Home health agency formation, merger, acquisition, sale, and dissolution
- Medicare conditions of participation compliance
- OASIS compliance planning
- Joint Commission accreditation
- HIPAA policies and procedures compliance planning
- Employment manuals, contracts, and training (including compliant background check procedures for employees and contractors)
- Contracting for administrators, medical professionals, workforce members and third-party contractors
- Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and state fraud, waste, and abuse laws compliance
- Corporate compliance planning
- Emergency management and responsiveness planning
For home health agencies that are already established and reliant on existing policies, Jackson LLP’s attorneys can assist with:
- Federal and state fraud, waste, and abuse counseling
- Recertification, compliance surveys, deficiency reports, and OIG investigations
- Litigation management for lawsuits brought under the Stark Law, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, state anti-fraud laws, or state Attorney General actions
- Mediate contracting, employment, or business disputes, including litigation management services
- License revocations, notices of intent to deny license, disciplinary sanctions, IDFPR actions
- Audit management services in the event of a Medicare, Medicaid, HHS, OIG, or third party audit
- Manage the agency’s ongoing contract needs with medical staff, administrators, and third-party contractors
- Change of ownership (CHOW) issues
- OASIS compliance
- Reporting and actions related to overpayment
- Real estate contracts, build-outs, and change-in-location issues
Our firm’s attorneys focus exclusively on the transactional and corporate side of healthcare. Because we aren’t litigators, few spend all of our time immersed in healthcare’s regulatory framework, striving to support our clients’ compliance and understanding of the requirements imposed upon them. Unfortunately, litigation and audits sometimes happen – whether a result of a privacy breach, criminal activity, professional misconduct, or patient injury – and when they do, we provide our clients with comprehensive litigation or audit management services. Allowing you the benefits of an in-house counsel without the need to actually bring us into your practice, you’ll enjoy full-service corporate counsel services as we manage your “outside” litigation team and the discovery process, all while minimizing the lawsuit or audit’s impact upon your work and patients.
Ready to learn more about our services? Call our office, email us at email@example.com, or schedule online today using the button below.