Number of positions available: 1
Start date: immediately
Work location: Evanston, IL
Our firm seeks an experienced, detail-focused accounts manager and bookkeeper to manage all aspects of our client accounts, banking, and other financial recordkeeping.
Jackson LLP is a boutique healthcare firm with a client-centered ethos and friendly work environment. We work with small- to mid-sized healthcare practices on business and compliance matters.
In light of COVID, we are offering increased flexibility around the contours of this position until the fall 2021 schoolyear begins. As such, this position can be:
- Part-time (approx. 25 hours/week) in-office employee, with opportunity to become a full-time employee in fall 2021
- Full-time and benefits-eligible in-office employee with additional administrative responsibilities
- 2+ years law firm bookkeeping (legal secretary or paralegal candidates with heavy trust account management experience will be considered)
- Strong familiarity with trust accounting / IOLTA account requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- High technological competency
- Live within 20-minute commute of Evanston
We currently use software including Clio, Microsoft Office, Gusto, and LawPay. While experience with these specific applications is not required, technical and computer proficiency is necessary.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions, including client invoicing, payroll, vendor payments, account reconciliation, and check-writing.
- Communicate daily with clients and firm staff to answer billing questions.
- Perform all client billing functions and other A/R functions
- Pay vendor bills and manage accounts payable.
- Perform data entry of reimbursable client costs in billing and accounting systems.
- Perform data entry of receipts and disbursements for the IOLTA trust account in the accounting systems.
- Process credit card transactions and maintain up-to-date on-file credit cards.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Work up and make bank deposits for the operating and IOLTA accounts.
- Handle payroll.
- Handle Insurance payments.
- Provide all required financial reports to the firm owner on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with the firm’s accountants.
- Manage and oversee the billing and accounting systems.
Please email Erin Jackson, Managing Partner, at email@example.com.
In your email, please describe your availability (full-time or part-time), your law firm experience, and your interest in working at the firm. Please attach your resume.
- The floor for this position’s starting pay is $20/hour DOE.
- Full-time employees are salaried and receive a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and disability insurance.
- All work will be performed in our Evanston office, which is a stand-alone, modern space that we selected specifically for its ability to foster our safety measures during COVID.