Join our firm as a Law Clerk (2L or 3L student)
We’re seeking a law student with some knowledge of and experience in healthcare law through coursework. Job responsibilities will include research memos, detailed guidance letters, and updating manuals/compliance documents for clients. Other responsibilities might include writing blog posts on topics in regulatory healthcare. The law clerk will work on matters involving telehealth, Stark Law, HIPAA, corporate formations, and contracts.
Jackson LLP is a boutique healthcare firm with a client-centered ethos and friendly work environment. We work with small- to mid-sized healthcare practices on business and compliance matters. We are not a litigation firm, so the position will not include litigation work.
- Personable, friendly, upbeat
- Reliable, accountable
- Excellent writer
- Some health law coursework
- Able to work at least 2 days/week in our Evanston office
- 3L candidates must not have already accepted post-graduate employment elsewhere
Please email Erin Jackson, Managing Partner, at email@example.com to describe your interest in working at Jackson LLP, as well as your availability. If known, please include your plans for next summer or general goals for after graduation. Please include the following materials:.
- Law school transcript
- This position is paid. Pay will be based upon experience and will be increased based on the clerk’s experience.
- This position may become a full-time summer associate position if appropriate.
- Our firm has multiple offices. All work will be performed in our Evanston office, which is a stand-alone, modern space that we selected specifically for its ability to foster our safety measures during COVID.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Jackson LLP Healthcare Lawyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Jackson LLP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Jackson LLP Healthcare Lawyers are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Our firm will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.