Join our firm as a Law Clerk (2L or 3L student)
We’re seeking a law student with some knowledge of and experience in healthcare law through coursework. Job responsibilities will include research memos, detailed guidance letters, and updating manuals/compliance documents for clients. Other responsibilities might include writing blog posts on topics in regulatory healthcare. The law clerk will work on matters involving telehealth, Stark Law, HIPAA, corporate formations, and contracts.
Jackson LLP is a boutique healthcare firm with a client-centered ethos and friendly work environment. We work with small- to mid-sized healthcare practices on business and compliance matters. We are not a litigation firm, so the position will not include litigation work.
- Personable, friendly, upbeat
- Reliable, accountable
- Excellent writer
- Some health law coursework
- Able to work at least 2 days/week in our Evanston office
Please email Erin Jackson, Managing Partner, at email@example.com to describe your interest in working at Jackson LLP, as well as your availability. If known, please include your 2021 plans (the successful candidate will not be required to commit to spending the summer with our firm). Please include the following materials:.
- Law school transcript
- Legal writing sample (non-pleading preferred)
- This position is paid. Pay will be based upon experience and will be increased based on the clerk’s experience.
- This position may become a full-time summer associate position if appropriate.Our firm has multiple offices.
- All work will be performed in our Evanston office, which is a stand-alone, modern space that we selected specifically for its ability to foster our safety measures during COVID.