Jackson LLP’s healthcare attorneys understand the unique regulatory and legal burdens imposed upon medical spas. These issues parallel those that arise within other integrative, holistic, or multi-disciplinary care environments.
Our firm’s medical spa lawyers can help your practice navigate issues relating to anti-kickback or self-referral requirements, fee-splitting prohibitions, corporate practice of medicine, and scope of practice. We also advise healthcare providers and entities regularly in the development of uniform, comprehensive clinical documents, including informed consent forms and patient registration packets. Our firm can navigate the complexities of your practice’s informed consent requirements, including those applicable to elective procedures.
As with all healthcare entities, medical spas must protect patient privacy and maintain compliance with applicable healthcare laws and regulations. To accomplish those goals, Jackson LLP’s medical spa attorneys can draft or update your HIPAA privacy manual and procedures, corporate compliance documents, employee handbook, and controlled substances / DEA compliance policies. Through its corporate counsel program, our healthcare lawyers offer your small- to mid-sized practice all of the benefits of an in-house legal team.
Other services we might provide for medical spa clients include:
- Drafting medical spa-specific informed consent documents
- Commercial real estate contracts, build-outs, and negotiations
- Medical director, management, or nurse practitioner collaboration agreements
- In-house employee training in HIPAA policies, informed consent, third-party payor claims and compliance, assumption of risk, transfer agreements (when required), and alternative medicine offerings
- Product sales, including third-party dermatological products
- Telemedicine or telehealth visits
- Laser therapies
To learn more about our services and how we can help streamline your practice, schedule your free consultation today. Call our office at (847) 440-5028 or click the button below.