J.D., University of New Mexico School of Law,
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
B.B.A., Oregon State University School of Business (Concentration: Finance)
Connor Jackson is the principal partner of Jackson LLP.
Licensed in Illinois, New York, Texas, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
Connor is a founding partner of Jackson LLP, an entrepreneurial health law firm. He focuses his practice on the business side of healthcare law, which aligns with his detail-orientation, strong problem-solving skills, and business background.
Connor enjoys working with clients to create their ideal practice environment and build a strong compliance foundation that supports long-term success. He strives to not just counsel, but educate his clients on key laws and regulations, giving them the tools to make legally prudent decisions moving forward.
Connor earned his undergraduate business degree from Oregon State University and worked in the real estate sector. He then graduated near the top of his law school class from the University of New Mexico School of Law. As a co-founder of Jackson LLP, he has further enhanced his business acumen through participation in the University of Chicago Booth School of Business executive education program.
Before co-founding Jackson LLP, Connor practiced as an insurance and commercial litigation attorney with firms in both Chicago and Albuquerque, New Mexico. He is currently admitted to practice law in Illinois, New York, Texas, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
Outside of the office, he enjoys playing bridge and has attained the status of Silver Life Master. Other hobbies include racquetball, indoor rock climbing, and board games.
In 2016, Connor received the Gender Equality Award from the U.S. National Committee for UN Women’s Chicago Chapter. He is involved in professional organizations, including the American Health Lawyers Association.
- GoodTherapy, Psychotherapy vs. Coaching: What’s the Legal Distinction? (2021)
- Chicago Medicine Magazine, The OpenNotes Rule Against Information Blocking (2021)
- GoodTherapy, Telehealth: Insurance & Legal Considerations (2021)
- Chicago Medicine Magazine, The Crisis Standard of Care in COVID-19 (2021).
- PPS Impact Magazine: Legal Myths about Hiring, Firing, and Signing on the Dotted Line (2021).
- WebPT: How to Deal with a Patient Data Breach (and Avoid One in the First Place) (2019).
- WebPT: A 10-Point Plan for Smart and Secure Electronic Communications with Patients (2018).
- WebPT: 5 Things Small Practices Need to Know About HIPAA (2017).
- American Bar Association, Litigation News: Crime-Fraud Exception to Privilege Requires Misuse of Advice (2017).
- American Bar Association, Litigation News: Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Enters Twenty-First Century, (2017).
- American Bar Association, Litigation News: Million Dollar Sanction Overturned as Unprecedented, Punitive (2016).
- Bloomberg Law: ‘Wet’ Ink Signatures Requirements May Fade After Coronavirus (2020).
- Fundera: Member-Managed LLC vs. Manager-Managed LLC: Which Should You Choose? (2019).
- The Outline: Don’t Get Burned by Your Local MedSpa (2019).
- Dice: Beware These Red Flags in Employment Agreements (2017).
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- Judge, 2021 Annual L. Edward Bryant, Jr. Health Law Transactional Competition
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Veterinary Medical Law Association
- Member, American Society for Pharmacy Law
- Contributing Editor, Board of Editors, Litigation News, American Bar Association Section of Litigation (2016 – 2017)
- Gender Equality Award Recipient, #HeForShe Campaign, U.S. National Committee for UN Women
- Graduate, Taking & Defending Depositions, National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Graduate, Courageous Leadership for High-Performing Organizations, Chicago Booth Executive Education