Advanced practice providers represent some of the most rapidly-growing areas of healthcare. Jackson LLP can help these providers – including physician assistants (PA), advanced practice nurses (ARNP), nurse practitioners (NP), advanced nurse anesthetists (CRNA), nurse midwives (CNM), clinical nurse specialists (CNS), and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) – navigate the complex legal and regulatory framework imposed upon their work.
Serving these providers throughout California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Texas, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia, Jackson LLP’s attorneys take a collaborative approach towards their work with advanced practice providers to accomplish the following:
- Launch a new practice or business startup, including corporate formation, regulatory compliance, and employment policies.
- Review, negotiate, or draft joint venture agreements, purchase or sales contracts, and medical director agreements
- Review, negotiate, or draft employment contracts
- Review, negotiate, or draft all practice-related contracts, including commercial real estate contracts, build-out specifications, and space-sharing arrangements
- Provide guidance about professional liability issues, including litigation management services for medical malpractice, criminal allegations, or civil negligence claims
- Navigate licensure issues, disciplinary sanctions and actions, administrative hearings and proceedings, licensure renewals or denials, criminal conviction reporting, and more (Some of these services are offered via our litigation management services, through which we will coordinate with your administrative hearing or litigation counsel. We know attorneys who handle these matters and with whom we have worked closely in the past.)
- DEA applications and renewals, responding to show cause orders, administrative enforcement actions,
- Opioid dependency issues including buprenorphine (Suboxone®) waivers, Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000 (DATA 2000) compliance, and appropriate dispensing of Naloxone
Our attorneys are focuses exclusively upon the corporate and transactional aspects of healthcare law. Because we are not litigators, we are able to stay entirely immersed in the regulatory side of healthcare. Through our litigation management services, however, we offer our clients the experience of having a “general counsel” – we have several litigation attorneys with whom we work well, and we can help minimize the disruptive impact of litigation, administrative proceedings, and audits on your practice.
Jackson LLP recognizes the substantial work and time that you put into obtaining your professional credentials. We would enjoy the opportunity to work with you as you open, operate, and manage your practice. We are well-versed in the anti-kickback, self-referral, and fee-splitting prohibitions that impact your professional conduct, and we are experienced in healthcare employment, compliance, and contracting matters.
To discuss how we might help streamline your practice and manage your legal concerns, schedule your free initial attorney consultation. You can do so using the button below, or you can call our office at (847) 440-5028.