Direct line: (847) 440-5028
J.D., University of New Mexico School of Law,
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
M.S., New Mexico State University
B.A., Elmhurst College, cum laude
Erin Jackson is the managing partner of Jackson LLP.
Licensed in Illinois
Erin is a healthcare attorney and Managing Partner of Jackson LLP, a client-centered law firm that offers healthcare providers a comprehensive, full-service solution. Erin focuses on practice start-up and compliance and also spearheads the firm’s healthcare consulting services. In addition, Erin serves as the President of the nonprofit organization Inspire Santé. Because of her healthcare knowledge and patient experience, Erin is a sought-after speaker. She is passionate about creating positive change in healthcare and teaching individuals how to advocate for their needs within the medical system.
Erin was raised in Arlington Heights, Illinois, where she graduated from St. Viator High School before studying political science at Elmhurst College. She went on to earn a master’s degree and then to graduate as the top-ranked member of her class from the University of New Mexico School of Law.
Erin is a published author whose scholarship focuses on the intersection of women’s health and the law. Her latest article advocates for the abolition of child marriage in the United States, and she is currently researching international legal systems’ treatment of spousal rape. As a natural extension of her interests in social justice-oriented research and education, Erin also teaches at Arrupe College, Loyola University of Chicago.
Outside the office, Erin enjoys spending time with her husband, nearby extended family, and dog Crosby. She lives in downtown Evanston and volunteers her time to various women’s health causes. She spends her free time practicing hot yoga and baking vegan donuts.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Board Member, Below Your Belt
- Contributor, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Member, External Advisory Board, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science
- 5 Things Every Therapist Should Have in Their Privacy Policies, TherapyNotes Blog
- How Practice Owners Can Learn from the Recent Sexual Assault Crisis, Massage & Fitness Magazine (cover story)
- Whose Idea Is It Anyway?: What massage therapists should know about intellectual property, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Independent Contractor or Employee?: Common mistakes invite government scrutiny, penalties, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Scope of Practice: Why You Should Give a Whit, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Regulation of Mobile Medical Apps, 9 N.M. Lawyer 7
Advocacy & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Women in Physical Therapy Summit, 2018
- Guest Speaker, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Physical Therapy and Human Movement Science Clinical Practice “White Coat” Ceremony, 2018
- Guest Lecturer, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2018
- Panelist, San Diego Pain Summit, 2018
- Keynote Speaker, New York Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, 2017
- Speaker, Illinois Physical Therapy Association #ThirdThursday, 2017
- Guest Lecturer, Elmhurst College, 2017
- Speaker, Illinois Physical Therapy Association Revitalize Conference, 2017
- Guest Lecturer, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2017
- Speaker, Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Conference, 2017
- Speaker, Florida Physical Therapy Association Spring Conference, 2017
- Keynote Speaker, Michigan Physical Therapy Association Fall Conference, 2016
- Panelist/Speaker, American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, 2016
- PT in Motion Magazine, Combatting Sexual Harassment and Inappropriate Patient Sexual Behavior (Feb. 2019).
- CBS Chicago, A Look At The Policies: Northwestern Hospital Employees Say They Were Fired For Accessing Jussie Smollett’s Records (March 2019).
- Campus Safety Magazine, Northwestern Memorial Fires 60 Employees for Accessing Celebrity’s Records (March 2019).
- Health, Is Your Doctor Gaslighting You? Here’s What to Do (Sept. 2018).
- Voyage Chicago: Meet Erin Jackson of Jackson LLP Healthcare Lawyers in Evanston (Aug. 2018).
- Chicago Tribune: Shout Out: Erin Jackson, attorney who enjoys paddleboard yoga and vegan donuts (Aug. 2018).
- NCR Silver: How to Handle Employees’ Summer Vacation Requests (July 2018).
- A Chronic Entrepreneur: A Chronic Entrepreneur: Erin Jackson (July 2018).
- Cosmopolitan: IUD Insertion Can Be Less Painful. Why Doesn’t Every Doctor Tell You That? (June 2018).
- The Non-Clinical PT: Telehealth Physical Therapy: Everything you need to know (June 2018).
- HelloFlo: How Pelvic Pain Can Change Your Identity (May 2018).
- Bustle: How Do Emotional Support Animals Help People? 7 Benefits Of ESAs (May 2018).
- IdeaMensch: Profile: Erin Jackson, Founder and President of Inspire Santé (Apr. 2018).
- Part B News: Take 3 Steps to Ease Administrative Burden as Medicare Rolls out New Cards (Apr. 2018).
- URBO Magazine: A Flying, Furry Fib: Emotional Support Animals And The People Who Lie To Get Them (Apr. 2018).
- Volusion: The Top 8 Legal Pitfalls New Business Owners Fall Into (Apr. 2018).
- Prevention Magazine: 4 Women Reveal How They Untangled Themselves from Rock Bottom (March 2018).
- blerrp.com: Thinking of Starting an LLC? Listen to These 7 Experts First. (March 2018).
- HowStuffWorks.com: Airlines Are Cracking Down on Emotional Support Animals (Jan. 2018).
- Vitals: Can a Period Subscription Box Really Biohack Your Hormones? (Nov. 2017).
- Bustle: What Does Chronic Pain Feel Like? This Is What Everyday Things Are Like For People With Chronic Pain (Oct. 2017).
- Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting: As Child Marriages Drop, Hundreds Still Marry in Kentucky Each Year (Aug. 2017).
- LEO Weekly: Children marrying in Kentucky, state laws lacking (Aug. 2017).
- Shine Fertility: Feature Friday: Erin Jackson (Aug. 2017).
- Restoring You Podcast: Erin Jackson: Pelvic Pain
- Pain Out Loud Podcast: Pain Challenger Interview
- Gearing Up Podcast: The Healthy Lawyer
- The Knowbodies Podcast: Patient Perspective: Persistent Pain
- The Pelvic Health Podcast: Life after Pelvic Pain
- Owning HER Health: Laying Down the Law on Healthy Self Love, Sante & Compassionate Care
- Healthy Wealthy & Smart with Karen Litzy, DPT: The Legal Side of Physical Therapy
- Business, Baseball & Bourbon with Jerry Durham, MPT: Open Tab – Patient Panel
- Healthy Wealthy & Smart with Karen Litzy, DPT: Living with Chronic Pain???
- Move Forward Radio: Physical Therapy Gives Woman Active Life After Chronic Pelvic Pain
- To Have and to Hold: Protecting the Sexual Integrity of the World’s Married Women, 49 Toledo L. Rev. 71 (2018).
- Addressing the Inconsistency between Statutory Rape Laws and Underage Marriage: Abolishing Early Marriage and Removing the Spousal Exemption to Statutory Rape, 85 UMKC L. Rev. (Mar. 2017).
- The Tension between Statutes of Repose and a Cause of Action for Indemnification: Considering the Implications of Christus St. Vincent v. Duarte-Afara, 43 N.M. L. Rev. 241 (2013).