Healthcare laws are rapidly changing, and there have been significant developments in recent years. We stay updated on healthcare compliance so you can focus on your practice.
Take a look at some of our healthcare and HIPAA compliance services.
- HIPAA compliance
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement policies
- Joint Commission accreditation
- Health and insurance law updates
- EMR compliance
Even old rules require your vigilance.
Sometimes, when a rule has been on the books for years, it’s easy to forget about it in the chaos of everyday life in your clinic. But provider practice acts and Medicare/Medicaid rules aren’t fuzzy guidelines. If you’re fuzzy on their requirements, it’s time for us to perform a “legal audit” of your practice and refresh your policies.
- Know the rules for supervising students in your clinic.
- Know the boundaries of your practice act. Ask us to draft your employee policies and procedures with a sensitivity to all persons’ scope of practice (nurses, physical therapists, student providers, etc.).
- Know when you need a referral or prescription to offer the services being requested by a patient.
- Know your professional fee-sharing privileges and prohibitions.
Be ready to recognize potential healthcare compliance issues.
- Understand your obligations under the ACA to prescribe or refer a patient for contraceptive care.
- Understand your obligations as an HIV-positive healthcare provider.
- Locate suitable professional liability insurance.
- Know how to comply with a patient’s advanced directive or living will.
- Know which mandatory-reporting laws affect you, such as those involving child or elder abuse
- Understand collaborative healthcare decision-making privacy requirements.