Healthcare lawyers serving the District of Columbia.
Our Washington, D.C. healthcare law firm guides medical professionals through the practice startup process, ongoing regulatory compliance, and day-to-day practice management issues.
Current clients and projects include:
- Negotiate employment terms and contracts for physicians at D.C. hospitals, including large academic medical centers
- Concierge or membership-based medical practices, including concierge cash-based psychiatric care
- Medically supervised in-home, inpatient, or intensive outpatient drug or alcohol rehabilitation, including cash-based and insurance models
- Outside counsel chart audits (for preventive compliance and “dry run” insurance audits), HIPAA compliance and education, and COVID-related initiatives
- Establish and maintain compliance policies and procedures to navigate federal and D.C.-specific healthcare fraud, waste, and abuse laws, including the District of Columbia’s False Claims Act, Consumer Protection Procedures Act, anti-kickback, and Medicare exclusion laws
- Multidisciplinary healthcare practices
- International telemedicine or HIT companies
- Transparency in advertising and consumer protection compliance, including Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) or D.C. Office of the Attorney General (OAG) investigations
- Pharmaceutical marketing and AccessRx program compliance
We work with physicians, physical therapists, advanced practice providers, HIT startups, and more. Jackson LLP attorney Erin Jackson maintains an active practice and oversees the firm’s work in Washington, D.C.