Critical access hospitals provide patients with critical care in times of dire need. These facilities depend on sound legal advice to guide their HIPAA, employment, EMTALA, and nondiscrimination obligations. That advice protects not only the institutions but also individual healthcare practitioners who want to put patients first.
Jackson LLP is a healthcare law firm serving clients in California, Illinois, New York, Texas, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia. With a targeted focus on medical professionals and healthcare regulation, Jackson LLP provides comprehensive legal services for hospitals, independent practices, and individual physicians.
Serving critical access hospitals’ regulatory and legal needs.
As partners with critical access hospitals, Jackson LLP offers advice on regulation and compliance and provides corporate counsel on a wide range of topics:
- Healthcare employment: Employment matters in healthcare organizations are distinct from other workplaces. Employment policies must accommodate obligations to professional associations, licensure and credentialing, and unionization.
- HIPAA compliance: Strict standards govern the care and maintenance of patient information. We help health care employers comply with federal privacy legislation.
- Contracting: Contracted workers and corporate partners have a complicated legal relationship with the institution. We help navigate the responsibilities and obligations of all parties.
- Payor/Medicare/Medicaid: Healt
hcare institutions must balance ideal patient care with what payors will fund. We assist with the insurer-institution relationship.
- Telehealth/Telemedicine: The explosion in telemedicine has created a rapidly changing legal environment. Jackson LLP provides guidance on the state and federal requirements.
- EMTALA: Patient entitlement to emergency care can help doctors save lives but may result in many tangled legal threads.
- In-house/corporate counsel services: Jackson LLP’s experienced healthcare attorneys help with all areas of critical access hospitals’ institutional administration, including corporate policies and employment issues. We provide a more flexible option for facilities that need a dedicated, in-house lawyer for a limited term.
To learn if our law firm fits with your critical access hospital’s culture, needs, and goals, schedule a complimentary consultation.